Call for Special Session / Mini-Symposium
For the participants who are interested in organising a special session or mini-symposium as a part of SHMII-8, they are welcome to submit a proposal.
Prior to the submission of the proposal, the special session / min-symposium organisers should consider the following items:
- The topic of the special session / mini-symposium should focus on the current interest and importance topics within the scope of the conference.
- A special session typically has minimum 5 full papers and presentations, and a mini-symposium typically has 10 full papers and presentations and is normally composed of two or more single session.
- The organisers of each special session can invite one invited speaker. For the mini-symposium organisers, they can invite one invited speak for each session.
- The special session / mini-symposium organisers can speak as part of the special session / mini-symposium.
- The special session / mini-symposium organisers will be in-charge of the abstracts and papers submission, review process, notifying the authors regarding the acceptance of the submitted papers submitted to their sessions, and distribute the conference news to all the authors in their sessions. But the special session / mini-symposium organisers need to ensure all the papers of their sessions can be submitted by the deadline of Submission of Finalised papers indicated on the SHMII-8 Conference website.
- It is discouraged that the speakers of special session / mini-symposium come from the same organisation or if all co-authors of the papers are from the same organisation.
- No special financial arrangement or treatment will be provided to the special session / mini-symposium organiser and invited speakers. However, the special session / mini-symposium organisers, chairpersons for each session and invited speakers will be indicated in the conference program.
Submitting the Proposal form:
If you are interested in organising a special session and mini-symposium as part of the SHMII-8, please submit your proposal form via email to SHMII-8 Conference Organising Committee at email@example.com by 1st April 2017. Please indicate “SHMII-8 Special Session / Mini-symposium proposal” in the subject of the email.
Please click here to download the proposal form.